Reading Month - Cognitive Awakening, change depends on cognition rather than self-control
Change relies on cognition rather than self-control
Why are people born lazy?
This book "Cognitive Awakening" will tell you the answer
Come and find it with us
At this reading sharing meeting, everyone still communicated and spoke in turn based on their personal reading experience and work and study reality, achieving the purpose of talking about their gains in sharing and cultivating their character in reading.
1. If you set a goal that is too big, you will feel anxious, and if you fail to do so, you will blame yourself.
2. Most of the time, communication with the instinctive brain always leads to no communication results. You have to use the rational brain and awareness to communicate.
3. Use the Pomodoro Technique
1. Realize that many times we know what we know but don’t do it, and we don’t practice deliberately.
2. Only by having a calm mind can you understand the world without blaming yourself.
3. Sometimes I read it but fail to remember it, due to differences in cognition and vague inner thoughts.
1. Finding a way to do something by yourself is more important than simply doing it according to the standard time and method. For example, reading for half an hour every day, stopping at the same time, and not deliberately increasing the time and difficulty.
2. When you encounter something you don’t want to do but must do, break down the big difficult thing into small pieces to do, such as breaking down 1500 meters into sections of 10 meters and stick to it. From another perspective, think of it as enjoying raising your legs and swinging your arms. The same game of chase.
3. Feynman technique is to use your own language to explain something clearly in simple words, preferably so that laymen can understand it.
1. The acquisition of knowledge does not lie in having too much knowledge, but in being relevant to oneself.
2. If you want to see the results immediately, you will only get further and further away from the results.
3. Eliminate anxiety, calm down, don’t make it difficult for yourself, only do important things and do things you really want to do.
The author of this book has studied brain science and believes that the human brain can be divided into three parts: the instinctive brain, the emotional brain and the rational brain. The instinctive brain and the emotional brain have evolved for a long time, while the rational brain has evolved relatively late. Therefore, Although the rational brain is more intelligent, the instinctive brain and the emotional brain are more capable and dominate most of the time, so people prefer to stay"Comfort zone" prefers "carpe diem", which manifests as "short-sightedness and immediate gratification".
How to deal with being born lazy? Don't try to fight against nature and use your weak rational brain to fight against the powerful instinctive and emotional brain. Instead, you should follow the objective laws and gradually find your state.
The first is to improve cognition and recognize the laws of growth. If you understand the structure of the brain and the laws of personal growth, you will understand why people always like to stay in"Comfort zone", you will understand why you are lazy and know how to overcome your nature.
The second is to cultivate patience and gradually learn to delay gratification. If you know the rules of personal growth, you will understand that success cannot be achieved overnight. It requires long-term training, a lot of effort, and continuous stepping out of the comfort zone.The "stretch zone" continues to break through.
Third, it is better to clear the air than to block it, and use wisdom to manage the brain. This is the author's point of view, which I very much agree with. He gave an example of a manager and an employee. He believed that the rational brain is like a manager, and the other two brains are like two very capable old employees. As a manager, he must fully understand the two old employees. The employees' ability, temperament, and scientific management are not complaints or confrontations, but slowly getting along, finding a good way to get along, and using scientific methods to guide the two old employees to finally achieve their goals.
Together come follow Sunny Worldwide Logistics Read a good book every month